Christmas is right around the corner! It is the day we celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. What does it mean to celebrate Christmas? On the 25th day of December, it is our cultural behavior to commemorate the birth of Christ through the act of giving to express our love, but why gift giving? As we all know Jesus Christ is God’s supreme gift to humanity, in reflection to this, we give gifts to the ones we love and appreciate.
Still wondering what nice gift but inexpensive should you get for your family and friends? Here are some ideas:
- Scented Candles – You can never go wrong with this one.
These are candles that produce a certain kind of aroma when lit. It gives a better ambiance in the room’s atmosphere and it is a perfect gift for anyone since people nowadays are usually filled with stress. Aromatherapy is a common effective way to promote health and well-being. Scented candles are also unisex gifts.
2. Creative Mugs – These are a generic type of gifts when it comes to Christmas. However, you can spice it up a little by customizing it to your own type to make it more special. Mugs are great gifts because they are used often and most of the time they are used happily in the morning.
3. Disposable Camera – Photographs are used to capture the best memories. Disposable cameras are cheap but they hold a deep meaning. This type of cameras brings back that nostalgic feeling while capturing special moments in your life. Giving a disposable camera means you are giving the person a chance to seize and remember the temporary moments forever.
4. Sweaters – Sweaters and hoodies not only give protection from the cold but it also gives comfort when worn. Also, who even doesn’t want a cute sweatshirt?
5. Books – Books are the best subtle ways to relay a message to someone. There are wide choices of books available with different kind of messages. There are books of poems about love for your significant other, educational books for students, inspirational and motivational books for people whom you want to cheer up, etc. Books convey a lot of messages but you can just simply give them a book just because you want to. These are considered a good gift because it implies how true your gift is and how special the person is for you to pick a book especially for them.
6. Lamps – Lamps are perfect to give because it has a variety of designs and purpose.
There are study lamps, night lamps, lava lamps, etc. These have the same purpose which is to give and to produce luminance, however, each type of lamp holds a different meaning when bought and offered to someone.
Gifts aren’t only limited to those you can buy. You can be as creative as you want, as thrifty as you want, as big or as small as you, because as long as it came from the heart, it is already the greatest gift. Christmas is centered with love and there are other ways to express your love than gift-giving.